ME221 Plug-In ECU for Mazda MX-5 NBFL 2001-2005 1.6/1.8
ME221 Plug-In MX-5 2001-2005
£695.00 (£579.17 exc vat)
Available on back-order
Available on back-order
The ME221 MX-5 Plug-In is the latest Plug-In Engine Management System for the Mk2.5 (3 Plug, with 3 ROWS of pins NBFL) MX-5 / Miata, years 2001-2005 1.6 (non-VVT) / 1.8 (w/VVT)
Note a Gen1 (Black ECU) is shown, you will in fact receive the latest GEN2 (White with USB) ECU with this order.
Every major and respected MX-5 Tuner in the UK, as well as the biggest, Flyin’ Miata in the US, uses and recommends the ME221 Engine Management System over other systems – see our forum post here for more details and feedback on the system
STOP PRESS!! If you would like additional features such as CAN, EGT, In-Built Wideband and Logging, check out the ME442 Version.
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
New for 2019 – the Gen2 Model adds direct USB Connectivity and even more I/O!
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (NXP Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports all factory sensors, and plugs into OEM connections.
- 16×16 Floating Point Fuel and Ignition & Boost Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- Lots of Spare-IO for extra sensors, COP Upgrades as well as multiple spare outputs!
- DSP Knock Control
- In-built 45psi MAP sensor.
- Closed Loop Boost Control, Protection and Boost by Gear.
- Launch Control and ALS.
- Stock Alternator Control on Mk2/Mk2.5 models.
- Fully Sequential Injection and Ignition available.
- In the field regular firmware updates and improvements.
- Uses the powerful, free, MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
Wait! If you’re wanting even more features such as in-built Bosch Wideband Lambda Control, SD Logging, Gyros/Accelerometers, Drive-by-Wire and EGT input, then check out the ME442 version of this Plug-In…
- ME221 Plug-In Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
- USB Communications Cable
See the manuals, and grab the tuning software here.
|Dimensions||400 × 150 × 70 cm|