ME221 Plug-In ECU for Mazda MX-5 NA 1989-1995 1.6/1.8
ME221 Plug-In MX-5 1989-1995
£595.00 (£495.83 exc vat)
The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the latest plug-n-play Engine Management System for the Mk1 (2 Plug NA) MX-5 / Miata, years 1989-1995 1.6/1.8
Every major and respected MX-5 Tuner in the UK, as well as the biggest, Flyin’ Miata in the US, now uses and recommends the ME221 Engine Management System over other systems – see our forum post here for more details and feedback on the system
Nick, Skuzzle Motorsport – review from MX5Nutz
“I have just spent the last few weeks playing with the fairly recently released Motorsport Electronics ME221 PNP ecu and finally after years of supplying, fitting, mapping MegaSquirt of all shapes and sizes, I am proud to announce that from this day on, my ECU of choice for most MX5 applications is now the ME221.”
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (Freescale Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports all factory sensors.
- Truly Plug-n-Play : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- in-built 21psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost Control
- Launch Control
- Fully Sequential on 1.8 version
- In the field regular FW updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
- You will need to remove your factory ECU, and follow THIS guide on how to remove the core and install the ME221 core.
- ME221 PnP Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
|Dimensions||400 x 150 x 70 cm|