Complete fuel and ignition control for Vauxhall Four cylinder engines.
ME221 Universal ECU (with Vauxhall C20XE/C20LET Loom)
From: £795.00 (£662.50 exc vat)
Designed for fully sequential control of four-cylinder engines, as well as forming an integral core to the range of ME221 based Plug-In ECUs, it’s a feature-packed ECU, in a compact, reliable and affordable form factor.
With support for a range of OEM sensors and trigger patterns, as well as being versatile enough to offer flexibility where it’s needed – including often ‘expensive’ features such as Fully Sequential fuel control, Flex-Fuel, Closed Loop Boost & VVT, as well as Windowed DSP, Knock Control and core features such as programmable inputs, custom tune-able sensor tables, and full 3D mapping, the ME221 really blurs the line between lower priced and higher featured engine management systems.
Essentially any port injection, four Cylinder engine, either turbocharged or normally aspirated can be run semi or fully sequential with an array of Motorsport features to boot, all powered by the ME221 ECU.
STOP PRESS!! If you would like additional features such as extra I/O, CAN, EGT, In-Built Wideband and Logging, check out the ME442 Version!
This package includes the ME221 ECU, Vauxhall Plug-in Loom, RS232 Tuning Cable & Quick Start Sheet.
The ME221 Vauxhall loom is complete with the stock Vauxhall C20XE/LET (Later 3 pin VR Type) Crank sensor, Throttle Sensor, and Coil-pack connections. MAP, Intake Air, and Coolant connections are a Vauxhall/Bosch mini-timer type.
Note that as with all aftermarket engine management systems, base maps are offered ‘as-is’, and dyno tuning is recommended to avoid damaging your engine. We have full engine dyno and rolling road facilities on site as well as an ever-growing list of tuners across the UK, Europe and Worldwide – see our Tuning Partners for your nearest approved agent.
- 2x IGBT Coil Drivers for Direct Coil Drive
- 4x High Impedance Injector Drivers (Can be used to drive two injectors each, or as spare Low Side Drivers)
- 3x Spare 10A Low Side Drivers (User Assignable features, ie Fuel Pump, VVT, Boost Solenoid etc)
- 1x 12V Tachometer Output
- 2x VR Crank and Cam Signal Inputs
- 1x Knock Sensor Input
- 7x Analogue Sensor Inputs (Can be used as digital inputs)
Our Loom which is based on our generic four-cylinder harness, has the following connectors in place:
- 4x Mini Timer 2 Pin for Injectors
- 2 Pin Mini Timer for Cam Sensor (use later VR type X20XEV)
- 3 Pin VR Type Crank Sensor
- 2 Pin Mini Timer for Idle Control Valve – depending on stock location as it can differ by year you may need to extend this.
- 2 Pin Mini Timer for IAT and Coolant sensor (Note may need extending dependant on the engine type.)
- 4 Pin Coil Pack Connector
- 3 Pin Mini Timer for throttle sensor
- 3 Pin MAP sensor (suits our 3 Bar Sensor)
- Auxiliary wires for spare outputs, tachometer, knock and O2.
Loom details can be found in this document.
|Dimensions||400 × 150 × 70 cm|
3 Bar MAP Sensor (if turbocharged)
|Dimensions||7 × 7 × 7 cm|
ME221/ME100/NODIZ Case Brackets
Genuine FTDI Serial Cable
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|