ME100 Ignition Only Management
Four Cylinder Ignition Only Engine Management
feature rich | accurate | proven
The ME100 Wire-In is a feature rich, best-in-class four cylinder ignition management system for carburettor engines. Using the latest electronics and control strategies has resulted in a modern, powerful, 32bit ECU, with an enhanced feature set which includes full VVT control (not just switched), DSP Knock Control, spark scatter idle control, and motorsport limiters, Whether you are looking to get the best out of your fast road car or get a competitive edge with your race car, this is the ECU for you.
Also, easily upgrade to the ME221 full fuel injection management system at a later date with no need to re-wire with an optional factory software upgrade!
- Supports Multiple OEM Trigger Patterns
- DSP Knock Control
- Digital Wasted Spark Ignition
- Configurable Inputs/Outputs
- Advanced Motorsport Features
- Plug-n-Play Loom Options
- Powerful MEITE Tuning Suite
- Spark Scatter Idle Control
- Closed-Loop VVT Control
- Aftermarket Dash Support
- Switchable Maps
- Powerful 32bit 120MHz RISC processor
- DSP Knock Processor
- In-Built Coil Drivers
- Closed Loop VVT
- 22 Channels of IO
- VR/HALL Crank/Cam Inputs
Plug and Play Looms
Our Plug and Play looms make the installation hassle-free and avoids the need for wiring-in or separately sourcing the connectors for your engine. The ME100 is offered with a choice of loom options, including harnesses for common four cylinder engines in the Ford, Vauxhall, Peugeot and VW range. We refuse to be beaten on quality; our looms are machine crimped, tension tested, electrically tested, nylon sleeved and clearly labelled. These are carried out by an ISO 9001 certified partner.
Spark-scatter means more stable idle response by varying the ignition advance to compensate for slight load variations. This is particularly useful for carburettor applications where no physical idle valve is present.
Normally only available at much higher price points, the ME100 comes equipped with full, closed-loop mappable VVT control. From the simple on/off system such as Honda V-TEC, through to the continuously variable system as used by the Ford ST170 engine. Optimised camshaft timing can make a huge difference in delivering a smoother, higher torque curve across the rev-range.
3D Ignition Mapping
Microsecond-accuracy ignition calculations are carried out over 500 times a second giving unparalleled transient response for the driver and consistent results. Using either a throttle sensor or MAP sensor for load means you can vary ignition timing based on load for smoother power gains and optimised timing.
Custom Functionality – Do Anything!
With the in-built general purpose tables modules, the ME range of ECUs allows custom functions to be easily created. From Oil Pressure/AFR/Boost combination engine protection to gear based traction control that modifies ignition timing and reduces nitrous flow, or even just a simple fuel gauge readout – the ME platform allows all of this. No longer worry “can the ECU do this?” – its now a case of “what do you want it to do?”. Chain multiple tables and strategies to create even more complex control systems. The ECUs features are limited only by your imagination!
The ME100 features advanced knock control using DSP-processed measurement. Tuners can make the most of per-cylinder angular windowing to locate and act upon signs of knock, ensuring engine safety and longevity. Ignition retard and user-definable aggressiveness of these strategies allow you to achieve the best results on the dyno while preparing for the challenging environmental conditions on the road or track.
Video Install Guide
This short video demonstrates a typical installation of throttle bodies and the ME221 Wire-In ECU when supplied with the Zetec plug and play loom. We have designed this process to be as intuitive as possible so that it is a breeze to get up and running. The ME100 can use everything except for injector control, as it is ignition only.
Factory ME221 Upgrade
If you decide at a later date to go for fuel injection, then a factory upgrade can be performed to unlock your system to full ME221 fuel control – saving you money in the long run by not having to swap out the loom or ECU for a different system when plans change in the future…
Launch Control, 2-Step Limiters, Water Injection, Flex Fuel & Anti-Lag are all built in to the advanced feature-set of the ME100.
Change between complete sets of ignition maps on the fly – offering a choice of wet/dry or pit lane strategies at the flick of a switch.
Powerful Tuning Software
The Motorsport Electronics Integrated Tuning Environment (MEITE) is a powerful, flexible Windows tuning interface for our range of ECUs. It has fully customizable layouts and interface, allowing a user to play with just the basics (starting from one of our many base-maps), or the advanced tuner to really get under the hood, the options are there.
Worldwide Tuner Network
We have over 100 authorised tuners across the planet, and the list is constantly growing – meaning you’re never far away from a tuning professional who has experience of the ME100 and will therefor get the best from your engine. That being said, any competent rolling road tuner will be able to use the free MEITE software to tune the ignition tables, and we are always on hand for further support if required on the day. Want to know where to find them? See the map here.
Dedicated After-Sales Support
While we have designed our systems to be as easy to setup as possible, we take pride in the quality of service provided by our friendly, full-time technical support team. Should you ever need any assistance, you can get in touch via telephone or email.
Active User Community
We are delighted that our engine management systems are used in a variety of weird and wonderful projects. Join our active community Facebook group for tips and tricks or to show off your pride and joy!
- Unterminated/Universal 4 Cyl.
- Ford (Zetec/Duratec/ST170/Puma etc)
- Vauxhall (X16XEV/C20XE/Redtop etc)
- Peugeot/Citroen/BMW (Bosch Type Sensors)
- 22 Inputs/Outputs
- 6-24V Range
What’s in the Box
- ME100 ECU
- Your loom option choice
- Quick Start Guide
- Access to a wide range of free basemaps
- Digital Crank/Cam Triggers, Array of OEM Patterns Supported
- Real-Time Switchable Ignition & Boost Maps
- Individual Cylinder Trims
- Re-mappable Inputs/Outputs
- 16×16 Floating Point Ignition, VVT, Boost Tables etc
- Multi-Dimensional Trims (IAT, CLT, VSS, DeltaError)
- Closed Loop/Open Loop Boost, Idle, VVT, Lambda
- Closed Loop VVT & simple V-Tec cam control
- Water-meth injection Control
- DSP Windowed Per-Cylinder Knock Control
- Motorsport Features such as Anti-Lag, Launch Control
- 6x General Purpose Tables (Create any function you can think of!)
- Long Term Trim and Auto-Tune
- 120MHZ 32-bit RISC Processor
- 5.5-28V Supply Input
- RS232 Laptop Communication for real-time tuning
- 80x120x40mm Alloy Casing
- TE Multi-Lock Automotive Connector
- 7x Spare Low-Side, 9A drivers (can be used for an array of functions idle drivers, vvt solenoid, cooling fan, fuel pump, boost control etc)
- 2x IGBT Coil Drivers (Direct drive of 4cyl wasted spark coil packs)
- 1x 12V Tachometer output
- 5V Sensor Reference output
- 7x Analogue Inputs (2 of which are dedicated for thermistor inputs for IAT/Coolant sensors)
- 2x VR/Hall/Opto inputs for crank/cam sensors – an array of OEM patterns are supported
- 1x Knock Sensor Input (DSP knock control built in)
- 16×16 32bit Table
- Closed Loop DSP Windowed Knock Control On-board
- Battery Voltage Dwell Correction 16×16 Table
- IAT and Coolant Trim
- Spark-Scatter Ignition Idle Control
- Switchable Ignition Tables
- VR/Hall/Opto Inputs as required
- Auto-scaling, Parametric Noise Rejection
- Range of OEM Patterns Supported
- PWM based Closed/Open/Manual Diagnostic Modes
- Cranking/Return to idle Settings reference Open-Loop table for wide-control
- AC/Fan Auto-Idle Up Settings
- PID Based for Accuracy
- Ignition Spark Scatter
- Jacked-Throttle Miss-Bang Idle Mode (Group-N ALS)
- DSP Angular Windowed Knock Control
- Settable Gains, Offset and Window Duration
- Step Retard and Fail-Safe
- Closed/Open Loop Boost Control by 16×16 RPM and Throttle table
- Switchable Boost Tables
- Over-Boost Protection
- Pre-Start Duties
- Anti-Lag Group-N
Variable Valve Timing
- Fully Closed Loop PWM (Throttle X RPM table)
- Locked Angle or Locked Duty testing modes
- Basic On/Off Mode (Honda V-Tec)
- Supported patterns include MX5 2001-2005 and Ford ST170, Ford Puma 1.7
- PID Tuning with Oil Temperature triggering & safeties
- Programmable Rest State & Offset compensation
General Purpose Tables
- 6x General Purpose Tables
- Custom Variables and Outputs
- Modify Fuel, Ignition, Boost and Idle strategies from the GPTs
- 3D and 2D tables with ability to “chain” tables together for create complex functions
- Industry Preferred RS232 for ECU mapping/communication (USB Adaptor available)
- 120Mhz 32-bit RISC Processor
- Ignition Accuracy to 0.01 degrees, Fuelling to 0.001mS
- 32-bit maths and tables (Table entries can have 8 decimal places for very high resolution)
- ADCs/Analogue data reported to 16-bit accuracy
- 20,000+ RPM
- Configurable “HRT”‘s for every analogue channel – use any sensor. Basemaps pre-set for factory sensors.
- Wide-band O2 from external controller (0-5v)
- TPS, IAT, CLT, MAP, Lambda standard inputs
- Spare/unused analogue lines can be used for general purpose tables
Environmental & Physical
- Automotive -20 – 85*C
- Voltage 5.5-28V
- Operating Current Approx 120mA @ 13v
- Electrically isolated and protected inputs/outputs
Tuning Software (MEITE)
- Everything real-time adjustable
- Diagnostics and analysis functionality
- Custom layouts, tabs and functions
- In-built firmware update tool for ease-of-use
- Custom “part calibration” import – use settings from other maps in a current map
- Offline Editing of calibrations
- Real-time tracing
- Data-logging of all variables and Auto-Tune